The Earthwise Group Offers Summertime Tips to Help Homeowners Avoid Tossing Energy Dollars Out the Window
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP, OHIO, May 28, 2013 – Memorial Day has always been considered to
be the unofficial start of summer. As “air conditioner” season gets under way, The Earthwise Group, LLC, a national network of locally owned, independent manufacturers of windows and doors, is offering homeowners some helpful tips to save on their energy bills during the upcoming warm and sunny months.
“In between BBQs and days at the pool, summer is also a time to take a closer look at how keeping the home cool can impact your utility costs,” said Mark Davis, executive director, The Earthwise Group, LLC. “As homeowners look for ways to save a few bucks at the thermostat, assessing a home’s windows can be the best place to start. Whether it’s replacing old windows or simply implementing some tips to improve a window’s performance, homeowners can take some simple steps to make the home more energy-efficient.”
Homeowners should consider these short- and long-term solutions to help conserve energy this
- Letting the sun shine through a home’s windows may make it bright and cheerful, but it also means a home’s air conditioner must work harder to cool the inside air heated by the sun.
- Consider replacing old windows with ENERGY STAR®-qualified windows, which can reduce heat gain in the summer. Some local utilities even offer rebates or other incentives for window replacement.
- If replacing a home’s windows is not an option, consider installing white window shades, drapes or blinds to reflect heat away from the house.
- Close curtains on the south- and west-facing windows during the day.
- Install awnings on south- and west-facing windows to shade the house from the afternoon sun.
- On hot days when the air conditioner isn’t running, consider venting double hung windows from the top to allow the hottest air near the ceiling to vent to the outside first.
Earthwise Windows & Doors meet the highest energy standards in the industry, including those set by ENERGY STAR, the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) and The American Architectural Manufacturing Association (AAMA).
The organization’s windows and doors also carry the Made in USA Certified® seal.
Earthwise manufacturing facilities cover the majority of the eastern half of the United States, and continue to grow.
For more information on The Earthwise Group, visit www.earthwisewindows.com.
About The Earthwise Group
The Earthwise Group is a national network of locally owned, independent manufacturers who make high quality windows and doors. The group consists of fabricators that maintain operations across the eastern half of the United States. For more information, please visit www.earthwisewindows.com.
Did you find this info useful? It's ok to share: